Friday 14 November 2014

#26


Finished Raising Arizona, one of Film 4's 15 films to see before you die, and I only realised afterwards it's one of the Coen Brother's earlier films *Hand to Face*

Holly Hunt, one of my favorite actresses, whose reverse lisp is literally the best thing to enter my ears EVER, is naturally great and even more so, dare I say it, is Nicholas Cage who gives perhaps the best performance of his career (there is no basis for this statement other than my faint memory of National Treasure). The film is really charming, to put it best, and has some really nice use of framing, costume and very brown or saturated scenary to create the twee hillbilly world of the Americana. Oh an it's got a very good soundtrack (which I noticed is now being used on Channel 4's Catastrophe).


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1