Sunday 19 October 2014

#35 Learn the best way to wear my hair

I've definitely havn't solved how best to wear my hair, and I'm not sure I ever will, but I've found these great tutorials on shinestruck.com which are perfect for 4c hair.

1. DIY vintage hair
a1



tay1
tay2

2. DIY: Braided up-do
ff
Ribbet collage

Ribbet collage

3. Crown Braid
14-image-9767-r
juh

4.Natural Bun 

3b4b90e4430c52d6d9172160c7ba76e0

5. Copper piping via thelazynatural (best on wet hair)

Easy Updo #2: Updo with Copper Piping.
This updo was inspired by these two pins from Pinterest. Instead of paying $25 for the metal hairpiece in the last pin, I bought some metal piping from Home depot for $1.25 per piece.
Best on: Wet and or stretched hair; medium-long length. (If you have short hair, I’ll show you how to add a Jumbo braid first.)
Great For: Lunch date; Casual outgoing with friends
What You’ll Need: 1’” inch wide Copper piping (Home Depot, $1.25), flatbrush, rubberbands, bobby pins, moisturizer (I used QP Elasta Olive and Mango Butter Leave-in Conditioner) and a gel or paste (I use Prostyl Protein Gel).
Steps:
On wet hair (makes this look go much smoother), put your hair into two close ponytails.
Twist each ponytail.
Pull ponytails through one tube.
Take the ends and pull them through the second tube.
Pin the ends of the twists behind the rubberbands to disguise them.
Done! Easy peezy. 

 ***********
Easy Updo #2: Ponytail with Copper piping (pictured below). 

This updo looks great with a couple two strand twistouts. 
Steps:
Pull your hair back into a ponytail. 
Twist hair. **If you want to get the wavy look pictured above, do steps 1-2 with several twists on wet hair. Take the twists out when semi-dry.**
Slide piping all the way up to cover ponytail holder. Your hair should hold it in place if it is thicker. If your hair is thinner, simply tie a rubber band underneath the piping.
Done. 
Check out  Updo #1 if you haven’t already!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-55178825-1